Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The essence of our summer evenings

Lately I have been experimenting with my camera more (because I have such an exciting social life since we moved - can you detect my sarcasm?) We have been waiting until about 7 or so in the evening to go outside and "play" due to the unbelievable heat and humidity. I feel like I'm sitting in a sauna! I noticed how beautiful the lighting was at this time of day and was excited to try to capture the essence of our summer evenings.

Our little ham, what else can I say?
Noah proudly wearing his baseball helmet (which we
found several years ago at a garage sale) around the yard.
Our posing queen! She certainly knows what to do
when the camera comes out!


Luke is intensely watching the water, making sure it doesn't come rushing towards his face giving him an unwanted bath. I love how the cup is about as big as his cute, chubby little face.
We were playing peek-a-boo, one of his favorite games and he
came down with the giggles, you know, the ones that come from the gut.



Now that Cari and Noah are playing
baseball, Nathaniel is more determined
than ever to learn as well. Can you see
the concentration?


Noah and Cari are practicing running
the bases. Oh the thrill of a chase!


Dad even came out to play!


And finally, ring-around-the-rosie,
what a childhood classic! They all
four can play. I like this one a lot!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I miss you all. I know exactly the gut laugh you are talking about. I wish I was there to help with the social life, as you know how much we could do (especially with your husband home more :-). Hugs! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am uber impressed with your photography! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures as always, AMY! I LOVE the ring around the rosies pic! We can't wait to come visit you guys, hopefully later this year... miss you all!

    ReplyDelete