Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School days...a time of new beginnings

Another summer passed us by and before we knew it, school was starting.  Now I have to be honest, this year was hard, much harder than I would like to admit.  Cari, starting a new chapter, started middle school and Luke, my baby, began kindergarten.  You can rightfully feel sorry for Rob!  He endured my emotional mess for a couple of weeks before this big day ever rolled around.  But I can honestly say that I did most of my melting down before school even started.  The big day rolls around and I'm ready to go!
 
I cannot believe she is starting middle school!!! (sniffle, sniffle)


She is ready to go...even though Mom is a bit hesitant. Cari has loved the fast pace of middle
school.  She is definitely more challenged, which in her mind "Bring it on!". She has adjusted
so much better than I thought. In fact, I'm waiting on that meltdown, you know the one, "Mom I
have so much to do and not enough time...I can't do it all!!!" Time will tell!



A group shot before Cari is off and running.  This year she leaves about 40 minutes before the boys.


Noah started 4th grade this year.  He was very excited about his teacher.  For the first few weeks
the kids search for monarch caterpillars, so they can watch them become beautiful butterflies.
Noah just released his today!!

 
Noah, being the sweetheart that he is, seeks out the new kids and
befriends them.  He knows that feeling all too well!


Nathaniel is a 2nd grader this year!  He is our most competitive,
always seeking out ways to beat the next person. He's our go getter!


I made Nate run cross country, this year to burn off that couped up
overload of energy he comes with.  It's no surprise that he is coming
in with some of the 5th graders.  


Lastly, my baby (can you see my tears?), Luke started kindergarten.
He was very excited to begin his year with his favorite teacher.  He
got the same teacher Nate had and remembered how much fun we
would have when we would help out Nate's class.


He was the only kindergartner walking around at registration loudly
proclaiming, "I got Mrs. Chaffee!!!  I love Mrs. Chaffee!!)  I love
his excitement and innocence!  He is adjusting well.  He was ready!


What would a new school year be without a few action shots?




Waving goodbye to Cari!


On the first day of kindergarten, the parents come in and participate
in what will become their every day routine.  Better get that name tag on!


Listening station.  What are the chances that the teacher chooses a
book to bring all of us mommies to tears?  100%  That is why
I had Rob there with me.  This would have cracked my shell! If
your curious, they listened to The Kissing Hand.


Can you sense his concentration as he practices writing his name?


Instead of saying goodbye and having to tear us parents off the legs of our kindergartners,
 they had a "fire drill".  What a great way for the kids to slip away! Look at him go!


Although I didn't capture the first day off the bus, I caught the 2nd.


His excitement melted my heart!!  "MOM!!!!!!"


And here comes the bus...


All three boys getting on, ready for another day!


And off they go!  Have an exciting, fun filled day!

And now there's complete silence.  My walls cry out for little voices laughing and bouncing throughout.  The dogs follow me around, wondering where their companions went?  Quiet has not been a part of my life since before Cari was born.  Foreign to my ears, yes, but I will adjust as they have.  Through this transition, I have come to realize throughout the years, their "noise" has become my comfort, my home.  We are changing, starting a new chapter in our lives!  We can only imagine what this next chapter holds! 

*And yes, my ears rejoice the moment they walk in those doors!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I only have one who is now where close to going to school and that brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy the amazing plans God has for your new chapter in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough transition... even though I long for silence some days, I don't look forward to the day when my baby starts school with the rest of the crew. They are growing up so fast, but also so gracefully- you guys are doing a great job raising those children :)!

    ReplyDelete