Thursday, December 25, 2008

All Is Calm, All Is Bright On This Cold, Cold Wintery Night

Merry Christmas! Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ came into this world to save us wretched sinners from ourselves. I can only imagine giving birth in a stable. It doesn't sound very calm or bright, however Christ's love shone on that night. Mary knew her son would reconcile sinners through death on the cross. But, it didn't end on the cross. Christ rose again and conquered death so that we may have eternal life through Him.

On this cold wintery night, our house is calm and bright. All the little ones are tucked into bed. We had a very calm and peaceful Christmas. This year it was just our family. We let the kids open gifts Christmas Eve morning. Yes - that is early, but the life of a pastor's family can get very hectic during this time. We decided the morning would allow us more time to enjoy. Rob had two services last night and one this morning, so he became busier as Christmas Eve rolled on. The kids didn't argue one bit. Open presents early - every kids dream! I made a Christmas dinner for the six of us, today. Instead of eating in the late afternoon, we ate at lunchtime and then took really good naps! We all needed them!

I was able to purchase a laptop with collected Christmas money! How exciting! I can keep in touch with family and friends more often. I can keep up with my pictures. And the kids and I have a computer for homeschooling needs. I am very excited!! I have never owned my own computer before, so I have a lot to learn!

I hope all who read this have had a very blessed Christmas! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment