Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Roadtrip Madness!

Well, we just survived a trip to NM! Barely! We left Dec. 6th and returned home Dec. 12th. The Saturday we left we had Christmas program practice before and just as we were ready to hit the road we had dogie drama. My sister had flown in from Seattle to help me drive down and she brought her sweet little "Tinker Bell". Well poor Tink broke a nail and had to go to the vet. The vet removed the nail and put a cute little pink cast (with purple hearts of course) on her.




We finally left Cheyenne at one in the afternoon. Well, needless to say we knew we weren't going to make it all the way, so Rob price-lined a room for us in Pueblo. No major catastrophes there. The kids and I went swimming and had lots of fun! Finally we made it to NM on Sunday. For the next week we drove back and forth across Albuquerque, having most naps in the car on the way to somebody's house. On Monday, my parents, the kids and I drove up to Sandia Peak. It felt just like Wyoming up there. Windy, snowy and colder than we had hoped. Even though the kids couldn't see that they were at the top of a mountain they were extremely excited.



On this trip we got to see a whole bunch of cousins. It was so much fun seeing all the kids play and interact. It almost never happens to get everyone together at once. Here are all the kids from Rob's side. As you can see it was impossible to get everyone looking in the same direction!



And remarkably we got all the cousins together from my side! It was even more chaotic!

Our drive home was even crazier! Luke had been up the night before vomiting every half hour. Cari looked as if she could be coming down with it too. We dropped my sister off in Colorado Springs and faced bumper to bumper traffic until we got out of the city. Just as I thought we were hitting Denver at a good time, we hit traffic there too. And Cari began vomiting. It was a trip I had to laugh my way through, because if I dared to cry I couldn't see the road while driving. I have never been so glad to be home! I can certainly laugh about our adventure now! Our welcome home was a high of -4 (without windchill) on Sunday. But I was glad to face the cold! I was clearly reminded why we do not travel very often. Life is certainly full of adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment