Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unexpected visit

Yesterday afternoon we heard a ring at the doorbell. We went to the door to see who this unexpected visitor may be. Seeing a car parked in the driveway, but no people at the door left me wondering. Then the door bell rang again as I was standing at the front door. Oh yeah, we have a doorbell in back (the door leading outside from the laundry room). Oh - my laundry room is a mess, as I'm trying to catch up on laundry (an often occurrence in this house). I run back to see who could be at my back door, surprised any one knows we have a bell back there. There standing before me is a sweet elderly couple, with warm smiles on their faces. I open the door never expecting to hear what is to come out of her mouth. She looks at me, a bit puzzled but then says, " I need a bra." I stand there in bewilderment. A bra, hmmm, I have those, but not for sale. Then I suddenly remember getting a piece of junk mail addressed to the previous owner. I can tell she must have been into sewing of some sort, wedding dresses from the looks of the mail. I look at the lady (at my door), smile back and explain to her that the lady who lived here passed away and that we now rent the place. She looks at me and says, "Well I guess I won't be getting a bra today." I say, "No I can't help you with that!" What an unexpected visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment