Sunday, July 19, 2009
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
We have all heard this saying many times I'm sure. But have you ever been at a road block in life where you just can't make lemonade? That's where I am. Sundays were my favorite days, until recently. I loved going to church. When Rob announced he was leaving, we had three weeks to get it done. That didn't leave much time for absorbing the major change that was happening in our life. Well, the last few months has left me time to absorb this life change that has taken place. We have moved a ridiculous amount of times in our 10 years of marriage. I knew moving would be hard, but I completely underestimated how hard this move would be. Unfortunately, the only way to take a stand was to leave. The Lord provided an open door for Rob in the midst of his struggles. I know this move was necessary and I know we will be fine...we will get through this. But....I cannot believe how much I miss my dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I miss walking through the door on Sunday morning and being greeted with smiling faces, open arms, and Christ-centered love. We grew close to these people in 3 short years. They became our family. They saw us through some difficult times in our lives as well as celebrated tremendous blessings. In time we will become adjusted to our church family here...time is the key that will unlock the door. Midwesterners are a bit more reserved than westerners. Their shell can be hard to crack. However, underneath the shell lies a golden heart. I have to remind myself that many of the people here have lived here all of their lives. They have deep family roots here. They may not know how it feels to be a new comer. The west often holds to the pioneer spirit. When people uprooted their families years ago to travel west and claim land, they had to rely and depend upon strangers (who later became their neighbors and friends), like they had once relied on family. I sincerely believe that some of that culture has been maintained and this is what I'm familiar with. I also have to remember that my heart is wounded and not able to trust as quickly as it once had. I am more skeptical of any synod or church body. As much as I would love to jump in with the same vigor as I had in Cheyenne, I have to allow my heart to heal. Like I mentioned before, time is the key that will unlock the door. So while I'm passing time trying to make my lemonade, my thoughts and prayers are with you - my dear friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment