To cap off the season, Noah's soccer coach had a parent vs. player game for the last practice. When I saw his email, I secretly jumped for joy! Most of you are well aware of my soccer playing days, which are also long gone. But sometimes I still long to go out and play. Tonight, I got my chance and who better to play with than one of my precious kiddos?
As we were getting ready to leave, it of course started to rain (good ole' Fort Rain). We had not received a phone call cancelling practice so we loaded up and headed for the fields. When we arrived I was for sure the coach would cancel practice, as it was raining steadily. Nope, I was wrong. He got out of his car, walked over to the field and began to place the cones out. Noah jumped out of the car and didn't look to see if I was coming. You see, he was so excited to actually make a practice, he didn't care if I was coming or not. (The previous two weeks, I was a very delinquent mom and completely forgot about practice - yeah you read right- two weeks in a row!) After a few minutes I decided to get out and go see if the coach had really lost his mind to decide to play in this. At this time, I was the only parent brave, uh I mean dumb enough parent to get out of my car to see if the game was still on. When I got over there, the coach looked at me and said, "You ready to get wet?" I smiled, nodded my head and wondered if any other parents were going to venture out of their warm, cozy cars. Well, to my surprise several parents came out of hiding and we determined we had enough parents to have a game.
Game on!! We had so much fun playing out there with the kids! Noah's team is full of rambunctious boys and one little girl. The kids had a blast running circles around us "old people". By the end of the game we were all muddy and soaked to the bone. I am so glad I was able to do this. A little memory that Noah and I can share together for as long as we live!
And yes...the kids BEAT the parents! You couldn't expect it any other way! ;)
Yay, I am glad you got to play!!! Go Amy & Noah!
ReplyDelete