Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home feels so good!

We have certainly had an eventful past couple of weeks. Our trip to NM was great! We enjoyed the warmer weather, big beautiful blue skies and most of all visiting with our dear loved ones. My efforts to eat healthy to avoid getting sick, proved pointless. We all ended up sick with something, but oh well! Rob and I did notice that the kids were more put together (behaved) without all the extra sugar that is typically consumed while we travel. Our trip home felt like the never ending trip from hell - yes that is bold of me to say, but it's simply the truth. Vomit and traveling never mix well. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Getting home has come with its own set of challenges. Nothing like stopping by Walgreen's for a bag of Frito's, that your husband so desperately needs (can't eat the chili without them) all to be declined by the credit card company for suspicious activity. After three phone calls and assurance from the company that I can use my card with confidence, he finally got his Frito's. At that point dinner just didn't sound appetizing any more, so what do I eat? Candy - yes - you heard me right! Might as well, it's been a long day! We finally get to bed, but not for long. Luke wakes up crying. As I climb out of bed, I quickly realize how unbelievably cold it is...what's with the heat. On my way to his room I look at the thermostat...yep it's not working. Little Lukey, as we call him, is freezing and upset. I tuck him in and begin my quest to move our little heater to the boys room so they won't turn into ice pops. For Cari, I toss another blanket on her hoping that will work until morning. Thankfully we all were able to go back to dreamland until morning. After speaking with my landlord we were able to figure out what was going on and now we have heat again!!

The little quirks in life can be annoying, but that's just it...that's all they are! We are thankful for these little annoyances, after all they keep us grounded. As I begin to sort through pictures from our trip, stay tuned for more upcoming posts highlighting our adventures.

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Where were you visiting in New Mexico? My husband and I live in Albuquerque now, but we both grew up in Los Alamos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we came back for Christmas. My husband and I both are from Albuquerque (Rio Rancho). Our families are still there, however we are in Indiana. We love coming to visit family and you just can't beat those beautiful blue skies!!

    ReplyDelete