Our last big snow fall, I was able to convince 1 and only one child to go build a snowman. We are all entirely sick of winter. As usual, it was Nathaniel who took on the challenge. He built, all by himself this snowman. I was quite proud of my little man! Way to go Nate! He is always ready to tackle a new challenge.
He even added a hat made from snow.
Cari, ironically posing for a picture without her nose being stuck in a book. The kids' school has a reading program that they acquire points for every book they have read and been tested. The kids strive to get into the next point club. Currently, Cari has over 800 points, which is a new school record. At the end of the year, whoever has the most points gets to go on top of the roof and eat a popsicle with the principal. Can you guess Cari's goal? She is something else!!!
This is the only time you will find Noah's nose stuck in a book. Although he is quite good at reading, it is not his passion...unless he finds it hysterically funny. Let me confess, I had dreams of him reading classical books, well I finally gave up - at least for awhile.
Every month Nathaniel comes home with a family project that has to be completed and returned to school. This month, of course had to do with St. Patrick's Day. He had to build a leprechaun trap. We had to draw the attention to the leprechaun and then get him to "take the bait". Well leprechauns love gold and they love to be naughty. So here is what we came up with:
After the leprechaun rolls in the gold dust, because after all he can't resist, he falls through our trap door. (You can see the crack, we tried to disguise it the best we could.) And the best part, he will fall to the bottom and get stuck in the wad of chewing gum the boys worked so hard to chew and stick to the bottom to create a sticky trap.
And now on to Luke, who has started to enjoy coloring. His imagination soars to new heights daily. When he colors on a blank page, he has purpose to it although he may be the only one to see it. When he colors a coloring page, he tries very hard to use the most appropriate color and to stay in the lines.
He is still obsessed with Thomas and characters from the books and movies. Here, he appears to be dressed as a cool police officer, but you are mistaken. He is "C Junior" from "The Magic Railway". He very carefully picked each item of his dress up to closely resemble C Junior. I wish I had his imagination!!!
That is it for now. I am anxiously awaiting for things to start greening up. I really want to get some new spring pictures!
It is great to see some updates of the kids, we have been missing your regular blogs :). We can't wait for everything to green up too!
ReplyDelete