Rainy days make great fort building days. After gathering any extra blankets they could get their hands on, the kids went to work on constructing some comfy, cozy forts. I told the kids they could sleep in their forts and you can imagine the excitement levels in our house.
Cari and Noah paired up to make a big one together.
Checking to make sure it passes the comfy test. Allie is satisfied!
And Luke, growing fast but still the baby of the bunch.
During our "photo" session, the dogs couldn't figure out what we
Max can't help himself with so many lickable little hands around.
Now is when the fun really begins. It's bedtime. Everyone is sent to the designated fort, goodnight kisses, hugs and lights out. It's that easy...who are you kidding? Musical forts begin with Luke, who can't fall asleep. Big surprise...I was wondering if he could actually go to bed "alone". After all he shares a room with his two brothers. Within 10 minutes, Luke was in tears realizing that he indeed was alone. He hopped into Cari and Noah's fort, who welcomed him with open arms. Nathaniel, then traded his tiny fort for Luke's spacious one. Here is what I found a few hours later.
Remember the flashlight?? Nathaniel told me
the next morning, he was so scared he kept
it on all night. Well, so he thought...I turned it
off. Couldn't let those batteries go to waste!
Here are the other 3 squished in like little peas in a pod.
We are all about having simple, budget-friendly fun!! I had so much fun listening and watching them come together to make this happen. What a great way to kick off spring break!!
Oh, the fun of forts! Looks like they had a blast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory. They look like best or friends. What a great family. You are very blessed!
ReplyDelete