Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Most unusual combinations

We love smoothies! When I found the recipe for this smoothie, my first thought was wondering how these foods would come together to create the flavor he was suggesting: chocolate. I decided to try it. We were pleasantly surprised! It is now the most requested smoothie I receive from the kids. They loved it! For those of you with a Vita-mix, this would be amazing! My blender does well, but I have heard over and over about how well the Vita-mix purees things. So if your willing to try this crazy recipe and have a Vita-mix, let me know how it turns out. Are you ready for the recipe? Here it is:
3-4 pitted dates
1/2 cup almond milk, soy milk, or milk
5-6 oz. of fresh spinach
2 TBS of cocoa powder
1 banana
2 cups frozen blueberries

Begin by blending the dates in the milk. I use high speed to get them nice and pureed.

Next add your spinach. It turns bright green! Then add the cocoa powder and banana. And finally the blueberries. Let it get really good and blended.

Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. My sister put spinach in smoothies and I have been told you can't even taste it, I just have not been brave enough to try. I might have to give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put spinach in smoothies all the time and no you can't taste it. Kale is another green that isn't detected either, but full of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this as soon as I find dates, yum!

    ReplyDelete