In early June, the kids and I went strawberry picking at a local produce farm. These are my favorite times with the kids. I love seeing their faces light up with joy upon finding the "best" strawberry (or apple, my other favorite). These are the moments etched into my memory that I so dearly hang on to, letting them sink deep down into my heart. I hope the kids will have fond memories of the afternoons spent together doing something so simple, yet wonderfully rewarding.
My eager berry pickersFound one!!
Look at all of them!
Most of them were small, but we did find some good sized ones too.
Luke had the most fun stealing berries
from my bucket to fill his bucket faster.
I wish I had a recording of his gut-wrenching
laughter every time he reached into my bucket.
from my bucket to fill his bucket faster.
I wish I had a recording of his gut-wrenching
laughter every time he reached into my bucket.
Beautiful day!
Beautiful smiles!
And of course, beautiful strawberries!
About berry-picked out!
Cari's shoes were pink by the time we were done.
We ended up with about 20lbs of strawberries!
I have some amazing little helpers on my hands!

I'm not sure there's anything better in the world than a ripe red strawberry, hot from the sun!!!
ReplyDelete