Cari was very excited to try out softball this year. Although she is not as naturally athletic as her brothers, she has a drive to learn like nothing I've seen before. She takes every word the coaches tell her and digests it like a meal. You can see her wheels turning before she makes a play, wondering if this is the way coach taught her. She made the biggest improvements out of any of the kids throughout the summer. She is also eager to play again next year.

Great Job to all three of you ball players and one great encourager (Lukey!)!
ReplyDeleteI know she gets that hard working drive from her mom. I admired your hard work and ethics so much when we played soccer with each other and I really looked up to you. I still coach soccer and I still tell my kids a story about you and how you never complained with coach had us run Cougar Hill just one more time. All the older girls complained and you just kept working hard and encouraging us. It really made an impact on me, as you can see I still remember it all these year later (we won't actually say how many years :) So she comes by it honestly.
ReplyDeleteoops, that should have said "when" coach...
ReplyDeleteYou are too kind Kelsey!! I probably did all of my complaining at home :) I will never forget Cougar Hill!!!
ReplyDelete