Yes! It is totally possible in good old cowboy country!!! We have been at -8/-9 windchill for most of the day. This is January weather, but I checked my calendar and it is March 26th. I am very thankful that I personally have not had to endure the wrath of these temperatures and winds today. I have chosen to stay inside and watch it blow by. Days like these make me think of what it would have been like to be a settler in this area 100 years ago. Days when there was no indoor plumbing, heating or even windows as we now know them. I just read a book not too long ago about the life of a Nebraska woman whose husband had pioneered in Nebraska. Reading her story made me incredibly thankful for the wonderful amenities we have today. Generations of people worked hard to make available a better life for those to come after them. I often wonder will life be better for my kids when they are grown or will that pendulum swing back the other way? Just one of the hundred thoughts I ponder on while raising my children.
One of the great benefits of homeschooling! Think of the poor souls who have to brave the weather, or worse, make up the day in May!
ReplyDelete