Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sewing

Well I finally pulled out my machine after leaving it sit for three long years and taught Cari how to sew. Many thanks to a friend back in Cheyenne who inspired me to embark upon this journey. I had tried teaching her several years ago, but her motor skills just weren't ready yet. Then, I also found out I was pregnant and realized I wouldn't be getting any sewing done any time soon. Well, Cari has matured and now my baby is 2 (and almost a 1/2), so.... it's time to break out the sewing machine again!! Teaching her this time went much smoother and in no time at all she was practicing straight lines. After a few scrap pieces, we ventured to the fabric store to pick up a pattern and some fabric. I decided to go for a remnant piece and hoped for the best...that there would be enough fabric for the pattern. I was wrong and we didn't have enough for the pattern, so I made my own (very basic pattern). She went on to make her very first skirt. Next time we will get enough fabric so we can actually use the pattern we bought. Pattern or no pattern she was thrilled!!!

Getting started...

Concentrating....
Modeling her very first skirt!
Wearing her first skirt in front of her
great-grandmother's sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. We are very impressed, Cari! What a great experience to share and to pass down to her great-grand children!

    ReplyDelete