Friday, September 4, 2009

Washable or not?

Today, I took the kids to a homeschool book club at the library. There were two different groups: one for k-2 and one for 3-5. Well I naturally accompanied Noah to his meeting knowing he may need a little help and/or encouragement. Turns out, most moms are in this room, as you can guess not all of these kids are reading fluently yet. After discussing the book, it was time for a craft. The librarian passed out the markers and craft and the fun began. Noah was trying to write the word "at" but accidentally wrote "and". He took the cap off the marker, looking for the eraser. "Noah, markers don't erase." I quietly tell him.

"But Mom, they say washable." he cleverly points out. Well, no doubt his reading skills are improving. I then explained that washable means they will wash out of your clothes, or the table, etc. but unfortunately not the paper.

He shrugs his shoulders, crosses out and, and writes the word he intended. All the while I am smiling and hoping I wouldn't forget his keen observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment