Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feeble attempts

I made very feeble attempts at picture taking this Easter and it shows. We tried outside, but unfortunately it was the wrong time of day and although we were immensely thankful for the beautiful bright sunshine, it worked against the idea of getting that perfect picture. Again, Nathaniel was convinced the sun was right in front of him, when it was really behind him. He would hardly look up as you will see. I still have our Easter pictures from last year imprinted in my mind. They were hard to replace. Even though these aren't great or very artistic, I love looking at all the different expressions on the kids' faces.


We tried, unsuccessfully, giving Nathaniel

a flower to hold so that he wouldn't rub his eyes.


"Mom, the sun's in my eyes!!!!"

"Come on Nathaniel...just one picture?" says big brother.

Everyone else has decided it was worth it to try.

Profile was the only picture I was going to get.

Noah was ready for his. He made quite an
effort to help me with Nathaniel.

Luke was just plain happy to be outside
with his little ride-on that he lovingly calls a bike.

Cari was excited to show off her dress...

and her flower.

One more try, this time inside. At least everyone has their
eyes open and is looking at the camera.

The rest of the day we relaxed and enjoyed. I made an Easter dinner, then we died some eggs and planted some strawberry plants. Each of the kids received their very own strawberry plant to care for this summer. I told them that this will be a good thing for learning patience, as it will take a long time before they get to enjoy any strawberries. However, that didn't scare them away. They each have plans as to what they plan on doing with the strawberries. It will be fun to see if they actually grow. Maybe I should buy some back ups! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your children are truly adorable Amy. Seriously.

    Grace wore panty hose for Easter too. This was her first time. Has Cari worn them before. I was so proud of Grace, she didn't rip them the whole day.

    Why are you planting stawberries when you are about to move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monique,

    Cari has worn them once before for a ballet recital. She did well with them also.

    I got each of the kids their own strawberry plant that came with a ceramic pot. This way we can take them with us. My neighbor did strawberries in pots and the kids drooled over them all last summer! Rather than a bunch of candy...we did strawberries. I know...we are boring parents....our poor kids! :)-

    ReplyDelete